The time has finally come for ski season kick–offs and early first turns! Skiing in November offers solid snow conditions and an opportunity to dial equipment and strengthen ski muscles before the meat of the ski season. Early mornings provide the best opportunity to take advantage of crisply groomed trails, while warm afternoons set the stage for sun-soaked après sessions. And much like spring skiing, the early-season slopes and commute tend to be less crowded.
This season is arguably the most anticipated of all, as skiers and riders yearn to get to the great outdoors from being cooped up at home for the past few months. There’s no doubt this season will look a bit different than last with COVID safety procedures in place. Follow along with OntheSnow coverage this season to get the run down on all things skiing during COVID. We’ll be covering mountain procedures, how to get a lift ticket, info on dining, lodging and more.
Find out which resorts will give you the best opportunity for early-season turns in North America using this list of projected resort openings. Download the OntheSnow to stay up to date on ski resort conditions, lift and trail stats and more!
United States Ski Resort Status
- Keystone, Colorado, CO (open)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, CO (open)
- Loveland Ski Area, CO (open)
- Wolf Creek, CO (open)
- Aspen Mountain, CO (projected Opening 11/26)
- Breckenridge, CO (projected Opening 11/13)
- Beaver Creek, CO (projected Opening 11/25)
- Steamboat Springs, CO (projected opening 11/21)
- Jay Peak, VT (projected opening 11/27)
- Mammoth Mountain, CA (projected opening 11/14)
- Eldora, CO (projected opening 11/23)
- Copper Mountain Resort, CO (projected opening 11/30)
- Vail, CO (projected opening 11/20)
- Squaw / Alpine, CA (projected opening 11/25)
- Grand Targhee, WY (projected opening 11/20)
- Stowe, VT (projected opening 11/20)
- Northstar, CA (projected opening 11/20)
- Heavenly, CA (projected opening 11/20)
- Purgatory, CO (projected opening 11/21)
Canada Ski Resort Status
- Mt. Norquay, Alberta (open)
- Lake Louise, Alberta (open)
- Sunshine Village, Alberta (open)
- Nakiska, Alberta (projected opening 11/17)
- Marmot Basin, Alberta (projected opening 11/15)
- Whistler Blackcomb, BC (projected opening 11/26)
Have early-season/opening-day pics to share? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mountain, photo caption and credit, and we’ll add our favorites to an upcoming gallery.