Related Regions: Big Bear Lake, Sierra Nevada, Southern California, California, United States, North America

Reviews for Bear Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Bear Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Bear Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Bear Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Bear Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Vance - 12th January 2019

I Purchased a midweek season year past four weeks ago. I was told by an employee when I bought the pass to disregard the blackout dates. She informed me that she had heard that they weren’t going to enforce blackout dates on people that purchased mid week passes this year. She inquired with another employee working next to her just to be sure, and the other woman concurred. It was a good thing that I called on the night of December 23rd just to make sure I would be able to ski on the 24th. The employee had to track down several people to finally come upon a consensus and advise me that I was not able to ski on that date with a midweek a season pass. This was a perfect example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. This morning I decided to go up for a quick four hour session and unbeknownst to me as I pulled up to the parking area next to the lodge, I was told that parking was only available to those that pay $20. I told the employee that I have a season midweek pass. He responded by telling me it doesn’t matter what kind of a season pass you have when it comes to parking on Friday. My knee-jerk response was why was I not told this when I purchased my yearly pass. Of course, his response was I don’t know. The point here is not that I could not afford an additional $20, but it all comes down to the principle. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are high volume days. So with that in mind,It all boils down to money. It might be a good time for the Bear mountain management team to corral their employees and advise them of what’s going on around the premises. I have been completely unimpressed by their lack of professionalism. I’m sure this review will fall on deaf ears, but at least I feel a little bit better after venting.

Current Conditions: Bear Mountain