Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will shut down on July 13, 2020. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America, Boulder, Summit County

Reviews for Copper Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Copper Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Copper Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Copper Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Copper Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Erica Stidham - 27th January 2019

• 1Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 1Overall Value
Lots of runs,, beautiful
Disorganized, poorly marked trails, expensive, lack of directions and signage around resort.

If you are familiar with this resort, know where to go, and money is of no concern, it's fabulous! If, however, this is your first time here, as it was for us, it is very confusing, and many resort employees are uninformed themselves as to location of things within the resort. After my two day experience at Copper Mountain, I cannot in good conscience recommend it for someone who is not familiar with this ski resort. If you want to know why read on for details of my first time experience at Copper Mountain A week before going I booked a suite at Tucker Mountain Lodge and lift tickets for $149 each, and rentals for $39 each (all discounted for early purchase). We arrived at the resort at 10AM on a Thursday. Entering the resort area we had to rely on our mobile app to find the hotel as there are many hotels and few signs with their names or locations. We finally found a service entrance for Tucker Lodge which is where we were staying, but there was no clear entrance and the only sign was over the gated parking structure. We finally found somewhere to park and after asking several people found a help desk at an adjacent building. There we were instructed to backtrack and drive to the resort athletic center where we could check in and then return to the Help desk to pick up our lift tickets. (I had not been told I would need to go to a different location for check-in when I booked the hotel). Once checked in we drove back to Tucker Mountain Lodge and returned to the help desk where we had been instructed to pick up our lift tickets and equipment. After waiting in line we were informed that they could only help us with our lift tickets and we should have gone straight to the rental area where we could get both our lift tickets and equipment instead of waiting in line at both places. We were then told there were two places at Center Village (where we were) where we could get our rentals and directed us to the closest one. Upon arriving there, we were told they only rented the high performance skis and we had to go to the other rental area to get our skis. We then traipsed over to the further rental area. By this time it was 11:15am. After getting our rentals and putting our belongings in a locker we headed to our first lift (American Flyer) There was a short line, but when it was almost our turn the lift stopped. After waiting about 15 minutes everyone waiting was told that there was a mechanical problem with no estimation of when it could be fixed. (Fortunately, we weren't among the unlucky already stuck on the lift). Since this was the only lift at center village from which we could access a beginner run, we either had to wait out an indefinite period and hope the American Flyer reopened, or remove our skis and walk about 1-1/2 block distance to catch a shuttle to West Village (which had access to beginner runs). It was now 12:30 pm. SO we took off our skis and trudged over to the shuttle access where we waited another 15 minutes to catch our shuttle. West Village is much smaller and not so difficult to navigate and we were finally on our first lift at 1:15 pm. (It took 3.25 hours from the time we arrived until our skis first hit the slopes, and mind you, I paid $149 for each full-day lift ticket). The afternoon on West Villages slopes was beautiful, though short. We spent the night in a very lovely hotel suite. The next morning, we got up bright and early, hoping to make up for our disappointing first day of skiing. Once again we started our day at the American Flyer lift (the location of which is why we booked a room at Tucker Mountain Lodge). The map of lifts and runs show a beginner (green) run from the top of the American Flyer all the way over to West Village where the majority of beginner runs are located. What the map does not show is that once at the top of the lift you have to start with an intermediate run to connect with the beginner runs that lead to West Village. The large map located at the top of the American Flyer run shows some alternative green runs back to Center Village, so we chose to go this route instead in order to stay on beginner runs. However, the runs were not clearly marked and while we finally found a way down back to West Village it took us two hours to do so after two different ski instructors give us opposing directions on how to get over to West Village. (I am an intermediate skier but my companion, although she has had lessons and skied half a dozen times, is still considered a beginner, so this was not a fun way to start our day. AGAIN.) However, once we did find our way back to the West Village, no help from the maps or ski instructors, we enjoyed the rest of our day. Having been told we could return our equipment at any of the Village Equipment Rental Facilities, we planned to turn in everything but our boots at West Village and shuttle back to Center Village where we would retrieve our shoes and turn in our boots. However, at West Village we were told NOOOOO, we had to turn in everything at one place. So again we shuttled back to Center Village to turn in our equipment at the rental facility where our shoes were lockered. Once there we were told NOOOO we had to take our equipment back to the rental facility in center village where we originally rented them. (our street boots were locked up in a different location), so this was an awkward transition. After finally sorting out the return of our equipment we stopped for coffee inside one of the Center Village Shops before beginning our two hour drive home. The coffee I ordered was so hot I could not hold the cup. When I asked the barista for a cup holder, she said they were out of them. I then asked her for an empty cup so that I could double them up to keep from burning my hands. She told me I had to pay another 25 cents for the cup. Mind you I had just paid $4.75 for a small coffee. I said, "Really? I've been here for two days, spent $1,500, and You give me a coffee I can not drink without burning myself and then tell me I need to pay you another 25 cents to keep from getting burned?" Guess I got burned in more ways than one! I left the coffee and Copper Mountain and won't be coming back! Would you?

• Judy Seger (28th February 2020)

I have a pass the includes other mountains but I keep coming back to Copper. There is a great beginner area that...

• Rose Minter (27th February 2020)

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom condo in Copper One. It was fabulous. All new and clean with the...

• Timothy Cerniglia (21st January 2020)

We’ve been Copper Pass holders for the last 5-6 years, but have ridden Copper since the early 1990’s. We’re basically Epic Pass...

• Brian (31st December 2019)

I like the resort but hate the shields on American Flyer. For taller people the shield is right at your face and...

• Jo (28th December 2019)

Had a great day skiing but super disappointed that at the end of one of the more expensive days to ski, it...

• James Tolbert (24th December 2019)

Went back to Copper yesterday after many years away at other resorts like Winter Park. I have always liked the way the...

Gallery: Copper Mountain

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation