Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, South Lake Tahoe, Northern California, California, United States, North America, Lake Tahoe

Reviews for Homewood Mountain Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Homewood Mountain Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Homewood Mountain Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Homewood Mountain Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Homewood Mountain Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Ray Germain - 10th January 2020

Bad experience - Waste of money

My family has a house in Tahoe City that has been in the family since the 60’s. My family and I have been frequenting Homewood since I was a child or for the last 35+ years, and I have always loved it. This year I thought it would be a good time for me to get my 3 little boys to my favorite spot to teach them how to snowboard. I taught for 4 years at Northstar while going through college at UNR. So I paid for lift tickets for me and my three boys online for Monday, December 30th, with nothing on the website telling me that the tiny magic carpet at the bottom of the mountain was going to be the only thing open for them. Both rope tows were down for “routine maintenance”, yet I didn’t see anyone working on them. I was very disappointed and would have been able to get the same or very similar experience at the free public sled hill by our house in Tahoe city. I paid about $450 stayed for about 3 hours and never even had an opportunity to strap my board on fully. The magic carpet is so small there is barely an opportunity to get one turn in before having unlatch get in line again. Very inefficient, ineffective and not a fun way to learn the sport in my opinion. I tried to bring it up to the manager on duty (unfortunately I didn’t catch his name) but he didn’t seem like my concern was valid and wasn’t interested hearing me out or that he even cared that I was disappointed. In the short time we were there I can also say that I spoke with 4 or 5 other groups that were very disappointed for the exact same reasons. I provided this input to the resort on two separate occasions and didn’t get any reply whatsoever. I won’t be back, nor will my family and friends who I will be sharing this experience with. Don’t want anyone else wasting their money and ruining an experience for young skiers/boarders like we did.

Gallery: Homewood Mountain Resort

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation