Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: Oregon, United States, North America

Reviews for Hoodoo Ski Area

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Hoodoo Ski Area that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Hoodoo Ski Area stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Hoodoo Ski Area review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Hoodoo Ski Area vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Arlene J Crawford - 21st April 2019

• 5Beginner
  • 5Intermediate
  • 5Expert
  • 5Overall Value
Beautiful ski resort, family friendly with good amenities
None

I visited my daughter and her family over Christmas from the East coast. During my visit, we came to HooDoo frequently as they are season pass holders. Both my daughter and son-in-law are expert skiers. Their six year old son has been skiing since he was three. He goes up the bigger slopes with his parents. His younger brother, age three, also loves skiing. He began ski lessons this year. I do not ski, but nevertheless, I enjoyed this resort and it's amenities, especially for watching my grandsons off the slopes so that their parents could freely ski. This resort is family and kid friendly with fun things for all to do besides skiing. I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the excellent views of the ski slopes from inside the comfort of the ski lodge!!!

• Arlene J Crawford (21st April 2019)

• Fred Brown (17th February 2019)

It's been 30 years but it looks the same. Close reasonable pricing and a gorgeous day. If I could I'd do it...

• Robert Dunn (6th February 2019)

I've snowboarded here with my kids for a few years now and it never disappoints. It doesn't have all the bells and...

• nipponon (25th January 2019)

I love the place, a real winter wonderland-especially the nìght skiing!

• nwhitlatch (15th February 2018)

This ski resort is one of the best I've been to. They are so family oriented and layed back, I really am...

• d4burch (4th February 2018)

To a previous reviewer ... Forget those 'largest and most famous' ski resorts in the country you have visited. They are nice...

Gallery: Hoodoo Ski Area

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation