Related Regions: Maryland, United States, North America, SSAA

Reviews for Wisp

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Wisp that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Wisp stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Wisp review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Wisp vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: chris.moschkin - 22nd November 2014

• 2Beginner
  • 4Intermediate
  • 1Expert
  • 5Overall Value
Better than most Mid Atlantic, closer than Snowshoe
No high speed lifts, no glades,

This is my "home mountain." Liberty in PA is closer, and I would prefer to go to Snowshoe (really I would prefer to have the hook up on airline tickets so I could go out west more). But Wisp is only 2.5 hours from my house and I can go there for a day and be home in relaxing by 8pm. Better snow than liberty, round top or white tail and not crowded on the weekdays. Less crowding on the weekends than other resorts closer to Baltimore-Washington. I ride the back of the mountain mostly. The hardest trail is a mogul run. It can be hard in the ice, better in snow, fun in powder (rarely do we get powder).

Current Conditions: Wisp