OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Northern California, California, United States, North America, Lake Tahoe

Skier Comments & Photos from the Slopes of Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows

What are the ski conditions like right now at Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows? Read commentaries and see photos from fellow skiers and riders sharing their on-mountain experiences. Check back daily for new user-generated firsthand reports from Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows to see ski conditions, new snow and general stoke from the slopes along with images. Firsthand reports are submitted via the OnTheSnow Ski & Snow Report App. Download the free app to be part of the conversation.

All languages

SeaKo
Am ski was good. Afternoon was downright dangerous with the slush sticking to skis. Skiing 30mph with an a abrupt 20mph slowdown.
0" New Snow | 0
Jack’s iPhone
Jack’s iPhone
Yesterday was super fun. Snow started off real nice with some occasional pow if you could find it. There was no wait on KT at all which was epic. Blue skies all day made laps on Belmont and Gold Coast terrain parks fun as well. Major probs to the guys workin on the park nonstop through out the day. The jumps are huge! Lastly, When the skies cleared I decided to head on up to Siberia. I saw people standing up on Palisades so I got up there as fast as I could. The drop was gnarly and I came flying out of there. Loved the guy in the Hawaiian shirt skiing National chute too.
New Snow | Packed powder80
Tailspin
Tailspin
Was partly cloudy today with cold packed powder along with some loose snow a top. For me it was another fun fast ski day.
0" New Snow | Packed powder80
Doug Alexander
Doug Alexander
With all the reports of heavy wet cement, I didn't expect great conditions this weekend -- despite cooler temps and some new snow. But today was excellent -- lots of soft, deep snow upper mountain, which made skiing even the steepest slopes relatively easy, fast and fun. Lots of skiers there today, but despite some lines, nothing got skied out up top (we missed KT however, which was popular day long). This was easily be one of my three best days this season. We lost visibility in the afternoon with wind and snow, but the stuff underfoot was so pillowy and deep it didn't matter that much -- no fear of hitting anything nasty. Looking forward to getting back into tomorrow!
3" New Snow | Packed powder80
anonymous
anonymous
Surface conditions fantastic today. Soft snow everywhere. Very high winds, low vis at times and very crowded. Not enough lifts open. Still a really good day given the good snow.
New Snow | 64
CiCi
Heavy intermittent wet snow all day. High Camp good snow but zero viz and 25+mph wind. By mid-mt, all heavy, wet, grabby snow. Not a fun day.
3" New Snow | Wet Snow16
Navphone
Navphone
Some of the wettest skiing I’ve ever done. Not what I was expecting.
New Snow | 32
a phone
Sierra cement is right... very tough on the legs
New Snow | Hard Packed32
better luck next storm
better luck next storm
Wet, heavy, messy, not worth the trek. Sad all that good snow was saturated with these warm temps.
0" New Snow | Wet Snow0
my iPhone
my iPhone
Sierra cement. Wind. Avalanches. Rain. All the snow sounds amazing but it’s actually garbage.
New Snow | 0

Gallery: Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows

Get More From OnTheSnow

Get snow reports, weather, forecasts, news and ski conditions for your favorite ski resorts.