OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Northern California, California, United States, North America, Lake Tahoe

Reviews for Donner Ski Ranch

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Donner Ski Ranch that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Donner Ski Ranch stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Donner Ski Ranch review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Donner Ski Ranch vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Mike Rupert - 22nd April 2018

• 1Beginner
  • 1Overall Value
cheap
Rude and lackadaisical staff

Right when our kids were really starting to have fun their first day skiing a ski instructor at Donner Ski Ranch yelled at them and made them cry. Later when we went to the chair lift for their first trip up for our 7 year old the lift operator at the top didn't stop the lift when our son fell so the chair missed his head by inches. While I was trying to keep my son from getting hit I didn't get off the lift in time and had to jump off the lift so my 7 year old wouldn't be left alone on the slopes. Later the same lift operator sent my older son to the top of the mountain even though he said he wanted to get off. "Well, I guess your going to the top now", was all he said. They then made me ski to the bottom of the hill to catch the chair to the top so I could help my son down a run that was too advanced for his first day on skis. Another lift operator had ear buds in and was rocking out so he didn't hear me after 3 attempts to ask him to slow the lift down for one of our kids. I started skiing in 1970 and have never been to a place so poorly run and with employees so incompetent or rude.