OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Northern California, California, United States, North America, Lake Tahoe

Reviews for Donner Ski Ranch

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Donner Ski Ranch that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Donner Ski Ranch stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Donner Ski Ranch review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Donner Ski Ranch vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Steve Austin - 27th April 2017

• 1Overall Value
cheap
rude employee and management

My wife and two young children bought four tickets for the magic carpet, it was the kids first time on ski's. After a couple runs, the operator says, "They closed it." and begins to walk off. My wife asks what we were supposed to do? The employee responded, "You can walk up!" I went inside to find out what was up and it turns out the employee just felt like stopping the lift because we were the only ones using it, she wanted to go home, whatever. Long story short: DSR management contacts me and asks for me to remove my poor review. I accidentally click the wrong button and my old review is gone, but I respond that I wasn't mad about the lift stopping for 10 minutes, but being lied to and treated rudely by your employee. DSR management responds with the attached text, stating they hope we never come back.... Really? A simple sorry for your inconvenience, it was a problem employee and the situation has been taken care of. Done.