Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: Utah, United States, North America

Reviews for Brian Head Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Brian Head Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Brian Head Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Brian Head Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Brian Head Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Alan Franklin - 3rd March 2014

Not crowded
WInd closures, No quad lifts, slow lifts

So I went to Brian Head today for a better review of the mountain. The first thing I will have to say is that I had a lot of fun. The conditions were pretty awesome and you couldn't ask for much better. All the trails were open and there was plenty of snow to go off piste and feel like you were picking your own line. I was a little disappointed with the park. I wouldn't go here if you want to learn how to jump. There weren't any stand alone beginner jumps. I also felt like there was no progression to the park. They had something for beginners which was really small and had no variety and then they had something for advanced people. Nothing in between. It's kind of a shame. I also want to say that it's kind of difficult to go from one peak to the next without hiking somewhat. Going from Navajo to Giant Steeps wasn't much a problem, but getting back, forget about it. A lot of walking or skating if you are on a snowboard. The last thing that I would mention is the lack of any quad lifts. That and going to the top of either one of their two mountains is very slow. Maybe it's because I'm use to the lifts in Southern California, that are usually quads and fast when you are going to the top of the mountain. All and all I had a great time and I am definitely going back here and I am looking forward to it. There is a lot of terrain for many different riding experience levels so everyone can have fun. The food is on the expensive side, but what resort doesn't have expensive food? I do hope that I went there and it was an off day for the park, if not I will say park goers have to go elsewhere.

Gallery: Brian Head Resort

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation