OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Pennsylvania, United States, North America

Reviews for Elk Mountain Ski Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Elk Mountain Ski Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Elk Mountain Ski Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Elk Mountain Ski Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Elk Mountain Ski Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: tom travis - 16th January 2018

• 4Beginner
  • 4Intermediate
  • 4Expert
  • 3Overall Value
many runs from the summit, good grooming, 10 black diamonds when they are open
slow lifts, expensive for seniors, this winter four black diamonds are still closed

I have reviewed Elk before, praising its excellent terrain, good grooming, challenging black diamond trails etc. I am writing now to express my great disappointment that on 1/16/18, despite ideal snow making weather for weeks, Elk has not made snow on four of its most popular and interesting black diamond trails and they are closed. The explanation I received was that the resort was "conserving water," but since then there has been more snow-making on other trails. It is the black diamond trails that make Elk interesting and attracts skiers like me despite its relative isolation and costliness for seniors. I and my friends will not ski again at Elk until these favorite black diamond trails are open.