OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Montana, United States, North America

Reviews for Montana Snowbowl

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Montana Snowbowl that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Montana Snowbowl stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Montana Snowbowl review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Montana Snowbowl vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Brandon - 18th January 2019

• 2Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 4Expert
  • 3Overall Value
General charm and unparalleled terrain when there's snow
Bring rock skis just in case

The road up is not as bad as people will lead you to believe. Just go a little slower and pull over to let people pass if you need to, no biggie. When this mountain gets snow, oh man is it good. I've had several days where I should have brought a snorkel. I cry myself to sleep nightly at the thought of all the amazing pow-plastered selfies I could have had if I had only grown my beard sooner. The tree skiing and "freestyle" terrain you can get into up here is pretty intense. The problem is that this mountain does not always have the snow. If it's been a while since the last storm rock skis are going to be a must. The summit is generally better than the base, like every mountain on earth, but even the bottom of the top lift turns into gravel pretty quickly. The bowl run-out is also lacking, as it is a steep ravine. I'm in pretty decent shape and have been skiing most of my life, but I dread coming out of the bottom of the bowls. This mountain is not for you if you are not a confident skier or are a beginner. While there are easier runs, you will get much better value out of a mountain like Discovery or Blacktail. The bar at the bottom makes some of the best pizza I've ever had in my life, and even if you don't ski (or mountain bike in the summer) I recommend you come and enjoy the food if nothing else. Overall this is one of my favorite mountains just because it has this charm to it, and also those pow face-shots I missed out on.

1|2|3|4