Related Regions: Maryland, United States, North America, SSAA

Reviews for Wisp

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Wisp that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Wisp stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Wisp review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Wisp vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Barbara Johnston Jones - 24th February 2015

• 1Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 1Overall Value
Close by and beautiful
Horrible employee help!

Price was quoted different for rentals when we called. Everything once we got there was at least 20 dollars a person more and we had called just 10 minutes before we went to rent. There was no one at the rental desk when we got there and we waited for at least 10 minutes before we were helped. At the payment counter for rentals two young boys were throwing water on each other out of water bottles and some of the water was hitting customers. I am a public school teacher I wanted to go on a trip to get away from behavior like that,very disappointing. My daughter filled out rental for a snowboard but the worker brought her snow bindings for skis and we had to wait 10 minutes for him to come back and bring her snowboard boots. My daughter brought a friend with her who had never skied. Once we got her out to the slops we asked three workers to show us where to get to the beginner slops and none of them knew....how is that possible? We ended up on the ski lift and were told to get off at the first stop which was NOT correct there were no green slops there, only blue and our poor friend was not able to manage. We learned at the end of the night that we should have stayed on and gotten off on the last stop. Ski patrol had to come rescue her after she had walked for an hour and 20 minutes down the mountain because it was way to steep for her. The only plus was the ski patrol man was wonderful and very apologetic. Once my daughter and I were able to ski down the hill no workers could tell us where our friend had been taken. I explained that a ski patrol snow mobile had taken her down but they could not tell us where she would have been dropped off! We had to search for a half- hour before finding her. She had been dropped of several building from the main lodge...very strange! The entire experience was horrible and I am an avid skier.....I will probably not wast my time or money going back to WISP. I will stick to Hidden Valley and Seven Springs, both have excellent workers, and are very willing to help when asked .A much better value and experience for a family. Very disappointing! I think my daughters friend will never want to even try to ski again.

Current Conditions: Wisp