Related Regions: Idaho, United States, North America

Reviews for Sun Valley

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Sun Valley that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Sun Valley stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Sun Valley review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Sun Valley vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: jase - 6th March 2011

Beautiful facilities, excellent lifts,
crowded, crappy snow, touristy, lack of snow

Went there in the spring of 2009, and December of 2010. My first experience was horrible, in early march many of the black runs had no snow left on them and were closed off. There were a bunch of beginners on the runs getting in the way, and it started RAINING at the summit. I figured I just went there a bad time of year, so I returned this last december with friends. The snow was pretty bad. The snow report said there was 8" new snow, but when we got to the mountain (about 45 minutes after opening) there was no trace of a powder day. Runs turned icy by noon, and there was poor snow coverage in general. I do have to say that they have the BEST bathrooms I have ever had the pleasure of using, and the lifts, though seemingly excessive, are fast. Overall, if you are looking to come up and socialize, sun valley is the place. If you enjoy skiing, go away from this tourist trap. Also, as a side note, I took a chunk out of my board on baldy, and took it to PKs in town for repairs. It cost me $60 for them to put in a little p-tex. they did a terrible job and the service was way overpriced. I reccomend staying away from there

Current Conditions: Sun Valley