Related Regions: Pennsylvania, United States, North America

Reviews for Montage Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Montage Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Montage Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Montage Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Montage Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: undefined undefined - 5th February 2020

• 5Beginner
  • 5Intermediate
  • 4Expert
  • 5Overall Value

My friend took me here, it was my first time snowboarding or skiing. I rented a snowboard and he showed me the basics and everything on the bunny hill. After a while I thought I was ready to try a bit bigger one to learn how to stop and turn correctly. He tells me that White Lightning is a small hill that’s perfect for beginners. Im getting a little concerned because he’s leading me into an area with lots of big dangerous looking trails. I start to go down it and I’m getting better, then I pick up speed. I only catch a glimpse of the hill before me before I try to stop myself. I slip and start to fall down the slope. I look behind me, “ok it’s not that steep I can stop myself” I thought. I stopped right before the big drop off. “Oh, nevermind”. My friend stops beside me. I yell at him and start to slip. I reach for his hand but it’s too late. I shoot like a burst of lightning down the hill, seeing my friend up at the top standing there menacingly. I’m falling way too fast now, and I’m picking up snow. I start to tumble down the hill and I hurt myself bad at the bottom. I die. But, I spend the next couple hours regenerating and healing. I try some smaller hills (Highball is a doozy!) Overall great experience but don’t listen to your friends listen to the trail map.

Gallery: Montage Mountain