Related Regions: Massachusetts, United States, North America, Boston

Reviews for Blue Hills Ski Area

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Blue Hills Ski Area that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Blue Hills Ski Area stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Blue Hills Ski Area review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Blue Hills Ski Area vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: kusicc10 - 22nd January 2008

I visited Blue Hills on a weekday morning. I had gone snowboarding a number of times in the past but wanted to take a formal lesson. I was pleased to pay $21 for a full day pass, and only $25 for a group lesson. Because it was a weekday, there were literally only about 10 people on the mountain, and I ended up getting a private lesson for the group rate. Despite the poor weather we'd had within the past week, the conditions were actually great, and the snow was very well groomed. My instructor was fabulous, very encouraging and patient, and every single staffer I met was extremely friendly and accomodating. The lodge is cozy and their snack bar seemed to offer quite a variety. The mountain is small but it's perfect for someone like me who doesn't need a ton of trails and is just looking for a place to practice and learn, (without having to go too far from the city.) It was very easy to find and the feel was very laid back and friendly. I would definitely recommend this ski area, especially for a beginner/ semi-beginner like myself. I hope to be back very soon.

1|2