Related Regions: Idaho, United States, North America

Reviews for Tamarack Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Tamarack Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Tamarack Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Tamarack Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Tamarack Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: MIKE COOK - 25th February 2019

• 3Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 1Expert
  • 1Overall Value
no crowds
only the top 1/4 of the mountain has decent glades

I have lived in Idaho my entire life. Skied every mountain in Idaho. Tamarack is my least favorite. Today I got there for first chair on one of the best powder days of the year. When I purchased my ticket they didn't inform me that the top of the mountain and chair was closed. If I would have known that I could have gone to a much bigger mountain (Brundage) and had the whole mountain open. The only part of Tamarack that is good is on top where you have open powder fields, bowels and glades. Which is why I came here in the first place for. The bottom 3/4 of the mountain has very few option and trying to find the powder stashes all I found was thick brush and run out drainages. After 3 hours of being open they finally opened up the top portion which was so amazing that it made up for the discouraging first half of the day. If you want longer runs with better quality snow and tree skiing, just drive 45 minutes further to Brundage.

Gallery: Tamarack Resort