Related Regions: Idaho, United States, North America

Reviews for Silver Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Silver Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Silver Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Silver Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Silver Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Jeff - 12th February 2011

most times great sno, no lines,
none (well it dont snow every day LOL)

Silver Mt Resort is my fams favorite place to vaca. The lift tickets are reasonable priced, good snow, good people, mt is never very crowded & rarely have to wait in lift lines (just for the record-Ive never been left sitting on a lift there due to lack of maintainance & Ive skiied here for 5+ yrs). The staff on the Mt are top notch, very freindly & provide a great facility with much varied terrain no matter your skill level (I love that they have chair 5 & the carpet lifts for my young less experienced kids & new skiiers, helps keep the other chairs running smoothly, unlike Many others mts that funnel the easy stuff towards the main lifts). There is plenty of challenging terrain for when Im not packin my kids, head back to chair 4 if theres fresh snow overnite most folks hang out up front early & theres some kool stuff out back especially w fresh powder (Idaho's famous for soft dry powder), the tree skiing is kinda limited for me, as alot of this is more overly tree populated for my preferences (call me mortal, just dont forget to call me if Silver gets 6+ inches !!! LOL). I love skiing this mountain & no I dont work, takes me 4hrs to get there & Ive made this trip probably 50 times --- thats how good it is !!! Oh and the Resort condos are awesome, top rate rooms. Ammenities, staff, & facilitys are great. Not the cheapest vacation u can take with kids, But with the awesome ski facilitys & the water park, your all but guaranteed to be a hero with your kids

Gallery: Silver Mountain