Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America, Summit County

Reviews for Keystone

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Keystone that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Keystone stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Keystone review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Keystone vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Ryan Moore - 30th March 2021

• 1Beginner
  • 1Intermediate
  • 1Expert
  • 1Overall Value
Before this season they were great
This year nobody seems to be paying attention to their responsibilities for their job

The “seasoned lift operator” at the top of Santiago wasn’t paying attention. Never stopped or slowed down the lift when a child fell getting off, then after two adults fell(my mother and I) trying to maneuver around the child he still didn’t stop it causing my mother to get hit in the back of the head by the chair lift as it headed back down the mountain. This resulted in her receiving 11 staples in the back of her head and nothing but avoidance from Vail Corporate. We’ve been skiing here for 10 years, they are always paying attention and go above and beyond for their guests. Maybe COVID has made them off their game because this should have NEVER been allowed to happen. The lift operators were not paying attention and the hospital actually allowed my mother (with a concusion) to walk out by herself without anyone attending to her and blood still coming down her head. They didn’t even try to clean her up before applying the staples and sending her on her way. The resort is siding with the lift operators of course who say my husbands snowboard hit my mother in the back of the head. (Which is impossible, he stayed on the lift or he would have fell on top of us). I witnessed her getting hit in the head then I had to duck to not get hit myself. Why they hadn’t stopped it at this point is beyond me because people were yelling for someone to stop the lift. Disgusting and disappointing. Sadly we will never be returning to ski here.

• Ryan Moore (30th March 2021)

• Paula Pascucci (17th January 2021)

First time skiing at Keystone!! I LOVED IT!!! And I Love The Snowboarders too! BUT..... NOT ALL, but a Very Lot Of...

• Rod Bonn (25th December 2020)

I had to respond to the snowboarders who complain about their passes being pulled. I watched their video where they admit they...

• Vít (23rd January 2020)

disgusting behavior of mountain safety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4129d6feQ

• Jerry Andersen (14th January 2020)

Been going to keystone over 20 years! After the recent video of the safety patrol taking away the passes of some very...

• Eddie Chui (1st October 2019)

Great runs, great resorts, great people! Hope they close a little late in the future.

Current Conditions: Keystone