Related Regions: Colorado, North America

Reviews for Echo Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Echo Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Echo Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Echo Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Echo Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: GS undefined - 5th March 2020

• 3Beginner
  • 1Intermediate
  • 1Expert
  • 1Overall Value
Close to Denver that's it!
Short runs, icy, slow lift, high cost, unfriendly staff

WOW! Echo...what an experience! I tried calling Echo Mountain about 8 or 10 times over a 2 day period. Never got an answer. They just don't answer the phone there so I couldn't tell if they were open or get info. There website was also up and down. When I was finally able to open the website I found some old info on it from last year and the answers to my questions were not listed. They are simply way over priced for what you actually get and therefore a poor value. In addition, they don't offer any senior pricing that most all other ski areas (both large and small) do. I took a chance and drove up to Echo anyway and to my surprise they were open. I told ticket office staff of my frustrations and inability to contact them. The staff person's curt answer was that they are a very small area and just can't get to everything. (Note: I'm a single person business and have managed to stay in business for 30 years by handling everything by myself including phone answering) Echo was the 23rd of a total of 28 ski areas that I plan to ski yet this year in Colorado. And some areas I've skied so far are about the same size as Echo. Conclusion: All things considered, through my online and actual on the snow research, I find that Echo is without a doubt the worst ski area I have visited so far this year in Colorado. I give them a score of a generous one star.

Current Conditions: Echo Mountain