Related Regions: British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver, North America, Ski Canada

Whistler Blackcomb Resort Reviews

Add to Compare

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Whistler Blackcomb

Planning a ski trip to Whistler Blackcomb? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Whistler Blackcomb stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Whistler Blackcomb review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Ryan - 25th August 2017

• 5Beginner
  • 5Intermediate
  • 5Expert
  • 4Overall Value
Endless terrain, amazing views, great village
lift lines, weather can sometimes be tricky

I have now gone to Whistler 3 years in a row and after reading the reviews I can understand the points made in almost all of them. A couple things to mention: The people there are beyond awesome, helpful and nice. Weather can be tricky, I've seen other reviews mention that but with all the acreage to ski I've noticed that if you are in a bad area you can almost always move to a better area with better conditions. Other reviews have mentioned long lift lines which is true but I've never had a problem with that because again either I move to a different lift (which you should explore this place anyway) or I am happy to wait a little bit recovering from an aggressive day of skiing. After 3 years of visits I have still yet to see 30% of this place which keeps it exciting daily. On a clear day I can't imagine any place in North America topping WB. Last thought on weather: I was on Blackcomb last year when a horrible fog rolled in, I took the peak to peak over to Whistler and the sun was out. Don't be quick to give up based on weather, you might be surprised how a quick move can sometimes solve the issue. Costs can be controlled by booking early, especially at the current exchange rate. Food is amazing here. Even the ride from Vancouver to Whistler is a scenic trip that makes the bus ride entertaining. I look forward to visiting again this winter!

• *