Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: British Columbia, Canada, North America

Reviews for Red Mountain

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Red Mountain that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Red Mountain stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Red Mountain review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Red Mountain vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Dale Andersen - 6th August 2019

Snow
Marked trails

I drove up from Spokane to take advantage of the freshies! It had just snowed some 55 inches in less than 48 hrs! Singles weren’t allowed because of the risk! I ended up teaming up with some teenagers and started skiing! The most snow I’ve ever skied! Couldn’t even see my skis for most of the day! After lunch I got separated from the group. After a couple more runs & looking at the map, I tried getting down the mtn! Not sure exactly what happened, but I got off the trail and snow was over my head! Luckily I was able to take my skis off and started crawling. Some three hrs later I crawled off the man! I was laying there in a pool of sweet in zero degrees F when an employee walked past me and asked me where I came from? I told him & he responded by saying that the man has been closed for two hrs! Skipped supper, headed to hotel & straight to bed! Would love to go back and hope the resort is able to survive!

1|2|3|4

1|2|3|4

Gallery: Red Mountain

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation