Related Regions: South Dakota, United States, North America

Reviews for Deer Mountain Ski Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Deer Mountain Ski Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Deer Mountain Ski Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Deer Mountain Ski Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Deer Mountain Ski Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Curt Jopling - 17th February 2015

• 1Beginner
  • 1Intermediate
  • 1Expert
  • 1Overall Value
No lift lines.
Poorly maintained

I had skied Deer Mountain many years ago. It has always been second fiddle to Terry Peak. I returned to the area having been gone for some time. I skied Terry the first day and tired of fighting the crowd. Thought I would check out Deer.....Mystic the next day. Upon arrival I took some time to look around. The tow rope was not running at all. There were not very many people there to begin with but it did pick up as the morning went on. I'd say 85+ % were there for the tubing hill. I decided I would buy a lift ticket to take advantage of no lines. There was a reason for the no lines. No one was skiing and for good reason. First the price. $42 for a day pass. While cheaper than the big resorts there is nothing there to demand that kind of price. I looked for a trail map after buying the ticket. None to be found. The trail maps posted throughout the building were either faded or did depict the skill levels. Once at the top you were on your own to figure out which trail was what level. No usable markings whatsoever. Too put it bluntly this place is horrible and they are not taking care of it at all. This is too bad as the Hills needs more than one ski area.

1|2