Related Regions: Ski Amade, Hochkoenig's Winter Region, Austria, Salzburg, Europe, Europe Overall

Reviews for Hochkönig

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Hochkönig that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Hochkönig stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Hochkönig review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Hochkönig vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: anonymous_user - 1st January 2006

For a family, I think this is the tops! Maria Alm offers several mountains which inter-connect. From my hotel, it was 3 minutes by foot to the village lifts which carried me up Natrun. I skied the backside down to the base of the larger Aberg, where I took the gondola and one of several express chairs higher up the mountain. I never had to wait more than about 5 minutes, and that was only at the most crowded chair leading to the summit of Aberg.I also skied Saalbach and Zell Am See that week, and the contrast was stark. Both the towns and the mountains were MUCH more crowded. Traffic was over-whelming both on and off those mountains. Maria Alm is off the beaten path, very quiet and charming, and offers the most un-crowded skiing I have experience in Europe.I think Maria Alm is still somewhat "the undiscovered country". Discover it now before everyone else does!

Gallery: Hochkönig