OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Pennsylvania, United States, North America, Philadelphia

Reviews for Jack Frost

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Jack Frost that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Jack Frost stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Jack Frost review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Jack Frost vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Erin - 13th March 2019

• 2Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 3Overall Value
Low Key, Less Crowded
No area for beginners unless you take a lesson.

I went with my family on a Friday morning, March 8th. This was the first time skiing for my daughters, ages 4 and 2, and I wanted to take them someplace that wouldn't be very crowded. I've been to Jack Frost before, but didn't realize how limited the space that they allow beginners to practice was. I had pre-purchased lift tickets for myself and my dad, which was great. I did not realize however that they charged for children under 6, it was only $10, so I didn't think it was too bad. We purchased their tickets and their rentals and went to the rental area to pick up their equipment. My 2 year old really wanted to snowboard, but they didn't have boots small enough. So we went and got her skis instead, not a huge deal. Then we went out to the area that looked like it was for beginners, but were promptly kicked out because it was designated "lessons only". We moved to the side and made do. Mind you there was no lift, magic carpet, t-bar. Nothing. Our backs were hurting. After lunch we spotted another area directly in front of the lodge that had a magic carpet and no signs about it being a "lessons only" only area. We were SO excited. The kids loved going on the magic carpet, and I loved it more because hauling kids up a hill constantly is quite the workout (especially in ski boots!). Then they shut off the carpet and someone came out and told us we couldn't use it. At this point I'm so frustrated and my kid is throwing a tantrum because they just wanted to ride the magic carpet. I didn't feel comfortable bringing the kids down the beginner trail to the chair lift, because 2 year olds can't sit still that long and I could just picture her hanging from the lift. PLEASE PLEASE designate an area for beginners that has a working magic carpet, and DOES NOT require a lesson. (And maybe purchase some little kid snowboard boots, too).

Gallery: Jack Frost