Related Regions: Pennsylvania, United States, North America

Reviews for Ski Big Bear

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Ski Big Bear that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Ski Big Bear stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Ski Big Bear review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Ski Big Bear vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Lucinda D - 19th February 2014

Great Resort in Quiet Community
none

We have been to Ski Big Bear on three separate occasions, but usually stay for a couple days each time. I love this mountain because it is not too daunting for a beginner skier like myself. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and I love that the mountain isn't too crowded most days. Only Saturday gets a little crowded on the Bunny Slope. I have three young children, and with the help of the wonderful instructors at Ski Big Bear, even my five year old was skiing the blue slopes. If you are a beginner, you won't regret taking lessons from their amazing instructors. It definitely simplified things for me, and gave me the confidence that I need. Perhaps they even gave my 7 year old too much confidence, as now she skis the black diamonds and can do the entire mountain by herself. :) Oh, and one more thing...There is a cafeteria and a restaurant in the lodge. They have really good food in the restaurant, and I really like the hot chocolate and pizza at the cafeteria. All in all, a great place to ski!

Current Conditions: Ski Big Bear