Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

Related Regions: New York, United States, North America

Reviews for Mount Peter Ski Area

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Mount Peter Ski Area that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Mount Peter Ski Area stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Mount Peter Ski Area review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Mount Peter Ski Area vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Erika Walker - 31st December 2018

• 5Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 4Overall Value
Family friendly, great place for beginners
Difficult time managing large crowds

We visited on 12/27 and was met with a larger crowd which the resort staff said they had never seen before making logistics a nightmare! It was a 3 hour process to purchase lift tickets and get rentals (albeit we were a large group of 10). The rental equipment looked either very new or super old. A child had a mouse run out of his boot (a determined little sucker as I remembered the boots were hung upside down) . By the time we hit snow my 2 year old was exhausted and so was I. All others had a great time, especially with the free lesson. It also was nice that they have lessons for little ones, only requirement is potty training. I expressed my troubles with the intake process to customer service and Renee far outdid herself in accommodating my complaint and making sure we come back again. She earned back every star given in this review by showing kindness, listening, earnestness, and empathy. Customer service made me believe they will work on the trouble spots and they believe in their product so they truly wanted us to have a great experience and visit again...that alone is priceless!

• Doug Campbell (21st January 2020)

Another good day at mount Peter! Ive taken my family here several times and always enjoyed it - best to visit after...

• Tom Watts (20th January 2019)

A great family-oriented ski area close to NYC. I would consider having my kids join the racing program. We had a leisurely...

• Erika Walker (31st December 2018)

• Rita Vander Stad (25th March 2018)

Mount Peter is a great place. 12 years ago I went skiing for the first time in my life and it ended...

• kbrod7 (23rd March 2018)

This is 25 minutes from my house so I suppose that's what I love about it the most. Besides Mountain Creek, this...

• John M (9th February 2018)

Mt Peter is a smaller-scaled, non-intimidating place for beginners and never-haves to learn. Chairlifts are gentle but with lots of stopping because...

2019/2020 Early Bird Season Pass Prices: Northeast &copy;Jay Peak Resort

2019/2020 Early Bird Season Pass Prices: Northeast

2019/2020 season pass prices from ski resorts in New England and New York.

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation