OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Poland, Europe Overall, Lower Silesia, Karpacz, Karkonosze

Reviews for Karpacz - Kopa

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Karpacz - Kopa that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Karpacz - Kopa stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Karpacz - Kopa review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Karpacz - Kopa vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Alexander Hoyland - 21st January 2019

• 4Beginner
  • 3Intermediate
  • 2Expert
  • 4Overall Value
Cheap
Backwards, awkward, limited

I’ve skied all my life, mainly the big Alpes resorts. As I’ve got older I appreciated the smaller resorts but you need good snow conditions. I’ve skied Karpacz a few times over last 14 years and this year I spent a week there as my wife’s family live in the resort. We had incredible snow but unfortunately the main lift to the top was not open until the last two days. I had actually walked up to the top lift and skied it anyway. It was superb. When the main lift opened up it was some the best off piste skiing I have done. Just beautiful through the trees. I tracked all around the mountain and had fantastic powder. But as I say it’s all to do with the snow conditions. This was a lucky year. So main point is you run a risk to try catch good snow conditions but to learn it’s ok. Shame it does not alllink together. This is Poland and they just can’t make it work right. One day they may just get it sorted. But the backwardness of it in my eyes is part of the charm.

• Alexander Hoyland (21st January 2019)

Gallery: Karpacz - Kopa