Related Regions: Czech Rep., Europe Overall, Krkonoše

Reviews for Špindlerův Mlýn

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Špindlerův Mlýn that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Špindlerův Mlýn stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Špindlerův Mlýn review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Špindlerův Mlýn vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Kate Wang - 19th February 2015

• 2Beginner
  • 2Intermediate
  • 2Expert
  • 1Overall Value
cannot think of anything
The worst skiing experience ever

This is the fourth ski trip we took in this season in 4 countries: Poland, Germany, Austria and Czech. This is the worst experience EVER in my skiing life. The resort actually the whole city is trying to GET YOU. They treat you like thieves, and refused to reimburse/exchange unused day-passes. We are a family of 3 with a 3-year old so my husband and I couldn't ski at the same time. Like we did in the other countries, we bought 1 4-day ski pass that my husband skied in AM while I skied in PM. At 3pm of the 1st day, our pass was "broken" so I went to the office to fix it. It turned out that they canceled the pass because my husband and I shared, and that they refused to reimburse me the remaining 3 days, and treated me like a thief. I had to negotiate with them to use their phone to call their headquarters that the woman was very reasonable, and instructed the people in the office to reimburse me for the 3 days, but I had to buy 3 single day parents tickets. On the 3rd day (Saturday), my husband couldn't ski so the first thing I got to the resort was to go to the ticket office to exchange the parents' pass to a regular pass. I was told that the pass cannot be reimbursed, and the headquarter was closed because it was Saturday. Saint Peter's resort (Olympic site) had no parking, but near the entrance on the street, there is a pull-off area for 3 cars that people regularly drop off and pick up skiers. But the drivers get tickets or get their car booted all the time because it was not allowed to stop there period. If it is not allowed, why do you create the pull-off area at the first place. It seems to be designed to trick people to violate the no-parking so that they can get fines from people. Now about the resort, the slopes are icy, and many of the slopes are not groomed, and man-made snow from nights are simply spread, but left with small piles and lumps, which are not helping the skiing experience. Finally, the lifts are not covered/heated as in Poland and Austria so the so-called modern 5 star resort is nothing like it. Instead of investing money in taking pictures of the skiers at the left area, they should spend the money to improve the skiing experience.

• Andy Golborne (23rd March 2015)

We went to the Czech Republic because it was cheaper than the Alps basically. Bit we were really pleased with Spindleruv. Sure...

• Kate Wang (19th February 2015)

• BeataR (31st January 2013)

Jezdze na Swietym Piotrze od 26 do 31 stycznia 2013. Duzy wybor tras, Dobrze przygotowane, ratrakowane codziennie. Przepelnienie ludzi tylko około 11-tej...

• john jones (17th November 2009)

Very good skiing for all here From beginner to advanced The slops are well kept, often a little over crowed, but it’s...

Gallery: Špindlerův Mlýn

Skiers look to pistes in The East

Skiing in Eastern Europe, particularly Romania and Bulgaria, is good value for beginners and families on a tight budget.