Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America

Reviews for Powderhorn

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Powderhorn that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Powderhorn stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Powderhorn review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Powderhorn vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Cameron Matus - 21st March 2021

• 5Beginner
  • 4Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 3Overall Value
good mountain
ski patrol

The mountain is great the snow is decent. I have had a pass for this mountain for the past few years and I have always had a good time, but the last time I went I got a pretty good laceration to my arm and it was bleeding profusely. I went to the ski patrol area to get it wrapped before I left to the clinic for stitches. At the ski patrol tent not only was Rondo extremely rude but not very helpful as he initially brought me a glass of water and a trashcan but no gauze. His tone was aggressive and demeaning as me accidentally getting hurt was an inconvenience for him. He also stated that because of COVID I had to stay outside and he still felt the need to tell me five times as if I'm stupid and cant listen. I then had to ask him for gauze while I was rinsing the blood off my arm. In all, I enjoy the mountain as it itself is awesome, but try not getting hurt up here as from my experience ski patrol seems to have better things to do then patient care, which is their job. It was really disappointing seeing this EMT be rude, uninterested, and annoyed by my presence.

Current Conditions: Powderhorn