OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America

Reviews for Powderhorn

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Powderhorn that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Powderhorn stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Powderhorn review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Powderhorn vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Mr. H - 29th January 2016

• 1Beginner
  • 2Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 2Overall Value

Defective gear from sports shop

Spent $720 in one day at Powderhorn and I had never been there before. One of my purchases was a pair of $80 gloves, the gloves started falling apart after 3 runs. I took them back to the shop and had to wait a few hours to speak with the store manager. After a few hours the store manager finally came down, he refused to look at the gloves or even to swap them out. He told me I had to send them back to the manufacturer but didn't offer any contact information, keep in mind I only used them for 3 runs or 1 hour prior to them falling apart. I was going to purchase a new pair of pants and jacket which would of cost upwards of $500, but after the very rude and unprofessional attitude of the store manager I obviously wouldn't spend another penny in that store. Very evident that Powderhorn only cares about money and obviously does not care about their customers or first impressions made on new riders. Worst business practice I have ever seen from a ski resort and I've been in this business for 22 years!

Gallery: Powderhorn