Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America

Powderhorn Resort Reviews

Add to Compare

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Powderhorn

Planning a ski trip to Powderhorn? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Powderhorn stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Powderhorn review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Mr. H - 29th January 2016

• 1Beginner
  • 2Intermediate
  • 3Expert
  • 2Overall Value

Defective gear from sports shop

Spent $720 in one day at Powderhorn and I had never been there before. One of my purchases was a pair of $80 gloves, the gloves started falling apart after 3 runs. I took them back to the shop and had to wait a few hours to speak with the store manager. After a few hours the store manager finally came down, he refused to look at the gloves or even to swap them out. He told me I had to send them back to the manufacturer but didn't offer any contact information, keep in mind I only used them for 3 runs or 1 hour prior to them falling apart. I was going to purchase a new pair of pants and jacket which would of cost upwards of $500, but after the very rude and unprofessional attitude of the store manager I obviously wouldn't spend another penny in that store. Very evident that Powderhorn only cares about money and obviously does not care about their customers or first impressions made on new riders. Worst business practice I have ever seen from a ski resort and I've been in this business for 22 years!

• *