OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver, North America, Ski Canada

Reviews for Whistler Blackcomb

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Whistler Blackcomb that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Whistler Blackcomb stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Whistler Blackcomb review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Whistler Blackcomb vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Sean McInnis - 18th February 2019

• 2Beginner
  • 4Intermediate
  • 4Expert
  • 1Overall Value
There Are NO Pros to Whistler / Blackcomb
Far Too Expensive

To Whistler/Blackcomb Customer Service, I write this letter to tell you what a big disappointment we have with the way your resort is being run. I live in Vancouver and have my extended family of 7 out visiting for the Christmas holidays. They are all ski instructors in Quebec and skiing is part of their life. The only thing they wanted to do while visiting BC is ski at Whistler/Blackcomb for a day. They brought all their equipment out from Quebec and on December 27/2018 we all headed up to Whistler in 3 vehicles. We arrived at the parking lot at 9:00am, bought all our parking tickets which all together was $30.00 then headed to Whistler village. Because my family are all instructors (ACA & CSIA) we had to buy our tickets at the ticket booth at the base of the ski hills. The line was extremely long when we arrived but we thought it would move fairly quickly. We waited in line until 11:15am and had only moved ¾ of the way. With the cost of skiing at your mountain ($178/adult, $151/youth) we soon realized that we would only be skiing 2 or possibly 3 hours by the time we actually got to the booth and bought our tickets. We all agreed that it was not going to be worth it at that point. I will say that you had some very unhappy customers at that point. We made a group decision that we would give up our place in line and go for lunch at Longhorn but it sure made everyone upset that we would not be skiing the day like we had all been planning for the last 6 months. Once we had all finished lunch and were going to head back to our vehicles to head home we looked at the line and we saw people that we had been in line with that were still waiting to get a day pass. I am a local person and have been skiing Whistler and Blackcomb for the last 15 years and I have never had an issue like I had yesterday. Being that there is new ownership I feel that it is very important that you are aware when you don’t meet your customer’s expectations and you sure made 8 peoples experience of Whistler and Blackcomb a bad one.

• Suzie Thompson (1st April 2019)

it is a tragedy what Vail has done to this great Canadian resort. gone is the friendly customer service, great grooming, attention...

• DrVonSlim (26th March 2019)

I've visited this resort 3 times in the past 7 years, each time for a week, and will never return. The mountains...

• Larry's IPHONE IV (1st March 2019)

My favorite North American resort. Can ski for a week here and continually explore new trails. Long runs. Great village.

• Sean McInnis (18th February 2019)

• Wendy Fiel (6th February 2019)

Best snow conditions in the whole country

• DOUG Ueland (27th November 2018)

This will be the 17th year my wife and I will be in Whistler. We always go the first 2 weeks in...

Gallery: Whistler Blackcomb