OnTheSnow uses cookies to personalize your website experience and collect statistical data. In addition, these cookies help us and our partners to better understand your use of the websites and provide tailored advertising to you. By clicking on the I accept button, you accept the use of cookies. Please refer to our Privacy Policy to find out more on how to manage your cookies preferences: Privacy Policy
Ok

Related Regions: Australia, New South Wales, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere

Reviews for Thredbo Alpine Resort

Read skier and snowboarder-submitted reviews on Thredbo Alpine Resort that rank the ski resort and mountain town on a scale of one to five stars for attributes such as terrain, nightlife and family friendliness. See how Thredbo Alpine Resort stacks up in the reviews, on and off the slopes, from skiing and family activities to the après scene. Read up on pros, cons and other comments in reviews left by fellow skiers and riders. Don't forget to submit your own Thredbo Alpine Resort review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your skiing and resort experience. For more destination information, click Add to Compare to see a side-by-side comparison of Thredbo Alpine Resort vs. other ski resorts (up to 10 total).

by: Will Hu - 22nd July 2010

Compact, close to everything
Snow was poor

Finally, I was able to ski during July, not to mention that I came from Portland Oregon, I could have skied at Timberline during July? I booked a flight from Sydney to Cooma via Aeropelican, they flew a 19 seats twin propeller JetStreamer 21 aircraft. My inbound flight was delayed for over 3 hours due to the fact of early morning fog and Aeropelican only had one aircraft for the route. My outbound flight was a bit bumpy because of the weather condition. Either way, I did not meet other skier on board, I was wondering where are the skiers. Anyway, the other alternative from Sydney to Thredbo was via Greyhound AU for AUD120 each way, it took 7.5 hours each way too. My flight costed AUD150 each way, and AUD 120 round trip for the shuttle to and from Cooma airport to the Thredbo village. Flight duration is 60 minutes as advertised, the shuttle took over one hour each way, and the scenic way was worth the drive. I am not going to mention the cost of lodging and meal, they are disgustingly expensive, more than the most place in North America. When the shuttle bus stopped at the Koscuiszko national park gate, it hit me that why everything was so expensive, because the village is located inside a national park. Overnight, I heard a loud sound similar to ocean surf, it was the snow gun working overnight. Wow, no wonder the lift tickets were expensive too. I followed the shuttle bus driver's advice to get on the lift by 8:30am, there was not much waiting at the Valley Terminal, so it was a breeze to go up on the Koscuiszko express to reach the eagles nest. I took the Supertrail down, under some shadow area, ice has already formed. I ventured around the mountain to gunbarrel in Friday Flat until the snow was gone on some small trails. That was it. I think it worth to ski at Thredbo once for your life time, but it did not deserve my return trip.

1|2