by: Jase - 10th March 2009

• Nightlife
great snow, excelent instructors, good back country, good tree skiing
expensive food, overpriced lift ticket, no collge rates!, often foggy at Fred's

I am currently on week 8 for my snowboarding "class" at grand Targhee. I got a special rate throught BYUI with 8 lessons and 10 half-day tickets for just $300. The snow at Targhee is nothing short of epic, of the 8 weeks I have so far been, only one day wasn't a powder day. There are little jibs and kickers all over, and the trees are a lot of fun. The Park could be bigger, however, the natural terrain park, Middle earth, makes up for it! If you are willing to hike, Mary's Nipple and the toilet bowl are well worth the 10-15 minute hikes. My instructor was great! The first lessons we focused on tricks and improving ourselves, but after week 3, my instructor was mostly a guide with great advice, I would highly reccomend getting a guide or tour if you come, there is a lot of unknown terrain at targhee. The food is very expensive though, although if you are into it for the skiing/snowboarding, just do what I do: take a backpack and pack a lunch. Lift tickets are $70, and though this is a great resort, I cannot afford that and probably would not come if it weren't for the school. Weather: although powder is the norm here, it is often very foggy at the summit, and can get VERY cold, so wear warm! Targhee is one of the most underrated resorts, and I almost hesitate to review it, cause I kinda want to keep it unknown.