by: anonymous_user - 16th January 2008

We had a great time at GP, one of the top resorts in the midwest IMO. Nice variety of terrain and very steep at the top with a medicore bottom half of the hill. We went early in the week and never had to wait in a lift line from open to close. I've heard quite a few people complain about the cost but this is a ski resort people and I've have never been to one with cheap prices. Try going to our local ski resort in Missouri, Hidden Valley, it is about 1/20th the size of GP and cost $40 to ride and food/beverage cost are the same as GP. Not to mention we rode Devilshead the day before and I would gladly pay the extra money at GP compared to there, at least the hills are fast enough at GP that you actually need to carve. Save yourself some money and order your rooms and tickets online. We will be coming back next month. The only thing that would have made the trip better for us is to have on site lodging like Chestnut Mountain, Rib Mountain Inn was not that great unless you typically go to bed before 10pm.