by: anonymous_user - 17th December 2006

Granite Peak is pretty expensive for what you get. You can get a multi pass to Vail for the same price. As others mentioned, the trails are named in a way that indicates 2-3 times the number of actual trails. The hill is short and steep at the top, and then you fall asleep due to boredem on the way down. I also felt the owners of the resort are a little psyco. When you are buying your lift ticket, you must sign a waiver, or pay $10 more to not sign the waiver. The owners of granite peak feel they are somehow better protected with physically signing a waiver (only one I've ever seen all over the country when snowboarding). They probably have the waiver because the resort is set up in a rather unsafe way. The 6 pack is a diaster to load, somewhat similar to a european loading scheme. Other lifts unload halfway up and you almost break your legs if you aren't paying attention and don't plan on getting off. The food is about as ridiculously overpriced as it gets. Devil's head has superior runs in my opinion and is cheaper and 2 hours closer for most of us. I always said I'd rather fly for 3 hours to Colorado than drive 6 hours to the UP, and I think that also hold for Wausau.