by: Rennpferd - 30th December 2007

It was worth the trip to check the Grand Geneva out. However I do not plan on returning until I have children. The hill has some very good bunny hills for small children. They have the magic carpet lifts on them. One of the bunny hills is almost flat. Which is good for teaching a small child how to snow-plow, turn and stop. The staff was very friendly and tolerant towards children. The management appeared to be very group and family conscious and hospitable. I was not impressed with the downhill terrain. Nothing was groomed. Everything from beginner to intermediate level was skier-packed chop. Anything difficult was just accumalating real and artificial snow (about 6 inches deep). The runs were very short. Typical for Wisconsin. My biggest problem was when I went to the far right of the hill. All of the runs were not planned to feed skiers back and forth between lifts. Once you go to the far right you have to walk or nordic it back to the middle lift. It was snowing at a very good rate while I was at the Grand Geneva. None of the low visibility/night lights were turned on. I felt that the lifts were being ran abnormally slow. There were only double lifts. The staff was not making a real effort to tell skiers or riders to pair up when the lift lines backed up. I don't have a helmet right now so I stayed out of the terrain park. From what I could see from the lifts and skiing past it. It looked well planned. I would say that it was designed for novice to intermediate skilled people. I did not go into the bar. However there was a fairly good eatery on the second floor of the ski lodge. The hill is also part of the Grand Geneva Resort. So there are many things to do. I even saw people taking a sleigh ride.