Dont go to Witerplace

by: Holmesy247 - Jan 25, 2009

Pros: The day i went, the only pro was that it wasn't raining

Cons: Lots of them see my review

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

After talking to a quite abrupt lady on the phone we decided that the conditions were ok to go, My fiance and I are not experts but we can navigate around most of the slopes without too much trouble, The problem at Winterplace is thta the slopes are way too narrow for the amount of people they allow on the slopes, The private ambulance services were hovering like vultures circling their prey, just waiting for their moment, and there were many of them due to the fact there are too many pople on the slopes that either cannot ski or are way out of their depth. There seems to be a lack of control from the Winterplace staff from the moment you pull up in the car, The purchae of lift tickets isn't easy to find and then when you find the place the staff are so disorganised its ridiculous. When you eventually get on the slopes the people guiding you onto the lifts appear to have lost all ability to organise and distribute people in any fashion whatsoever. Finally you get to the top then all hell breaks loose, the slopes are so narrow the ones that are just starting to learn find it difficult either not to hit you or they run over the edge (I saw people go over the edge at least twice) my point is the staff should be sending these people to the lower green slopes and not let tem use the blue slopes, I know its easy to say but ilittle supervision would help wonders.
All in all this place just stinks of grabbing your money and letting everyone just get on wth it.
Take my advice for what its worth give this place a miss