Winterplace Ski Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 24, 2007

Date Visited: Jan 24, 2007

I have skiied all over the southeast at everywhere in NC as well as in Lake Tahoe and this was my first trip to Winterplace. I was quite dissapointed in the quality of the resort. The lines were horrible and the singles line was a joke. They did a very bad job of managing the crowds. The left side of the mountain was very hard to get to unless you picked the right lift which I of course did not and found the access to be closed unless I went the right way. I am in pretty good shape and just hiked up to a spot so I could ski down and ski their so called black diamonds. The black diamond called drop off is a joke. I never thought I would say this but this place does not compare to anywhere in NC. On a good note, the snow was not horrible. The lift ticket was cheap since I got a college discount but the lifts were slow, lines long, and poor access. I also tried skiing to the bottom and the place was so cluttered with people on the slopes sitting there and talking I nearly took out 5 of them as I tried to ski through them. I look forward to going to Vermont for spring break.