Epic Conditions

by: ShawnFromTampa - Mar 1, 2010

Pros: Long Runs, Staff, Shuttles, 2 mountains, night ski

Cons: Cell Reception, Drive to get there

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

I just came back from what the locals have been calling epic conditions at Snowshoe. My friend and I were there for 2 days and over 2 feet of fresh powder fell during that time. We had a haul to get there but were pleased to find that by arriving mid-week, there were hardly any lines for the lifts and the runs did not disappoint. I have skied several of the big resorts out west and the conditions at Snowshoe this year would rival anything out west. Night skiing was good at Silver Creek - the runs have good lighting and the shuttle is the best way to go since they are constantly running.

The only negative about Snowshoe are there is no cell reception for Verizon and spotty reception for AT&T around the mountain unless you hit a Wi-Fi hotspot. We didn't find out about this until we started up the mountain and found it to be a major inconvenience since we all live and die by our cells phones these days. So be warned you may not be making any calls except from a landline especially if you have Verizon.