by: Cherokee - 13th December 2006

This is where I learned how to ski about ten years ago in the college years and have been back about 4 times since then. Always have had a blast even though I have become better through the years and have to make a 500 mi drive from the midwest. There arent any super difficult trails, so I cant recommend this to anyone who is used to the rockies or is very proficient, but for a moderate to above avg skiier who doesnt want to spend a ton of $$, this place is great. Great place to learn for sure. I dont do terrain parks, so cant help you there. Very quaint and it's fun to rest at the lodge at the base for a few drinks with your friends. I seem to always catch the snowstorms there. There are a decent amount of families, but not as annoying as at Snowshoe. If you're skiing two days, I would use this as a warmup resort before heading over to Timberline which has more challenging runs. Night skiing is so much fun here because evey time I've been, the slopes were empty after dark and no lift lines, with wide open runs to see how fast you really can go. I stayed in the resort once and it's OK, but nothing special. A bit pricey. Pool is usually filled w/ kids. It's better to stay in Davis, or even Bridgeport/Weston if you dont mind driving for a cheaper place to stay.