by: anonymous_user - 27th March 2007

I have been skiing for 20 years and decided that the Summit was the place to learn how to snowboard. Their EZ Ride 123 classes were a great deal and they offered a fantastic deal on a season's pass upon graduation. Two out of 3 of my instructors were great, the other was worthless. Because I completed my classes early in the season, the classes were pretty small & not too bad. My friends had the misfortune to sign up later & class sizes were huge (18 students to 1 instructor). For my first season, the Summit worked O.K., but I will not be going back next season. The beginner runs are O.K., and there is one blue run that is very easy. Other than that, the next "easiest" blue run has a very steep section that gets littered with people that can't handle it. The staff for the most part is very inattentive, to say the least. They have kids working there who look about 10 years old, though word is, they are 14. They have no customer service skills whatsoever. The lift attendants (with the exception of 2), pay very little attention to what is going on. The rental people are unknowledgeable & they frequently run out of rental gear by mid-morning. The facilities need A LOT of work! The food is horrible for the most part & way overpriced. The bathrooms stink and are always in need of restocking. Central is the best area, and as a result is usually very crowded. I was more impressed with the terrain than I thought I would be. They just need to put a lot of time / money into the facilities.