The Summit at Snoqualmie Review

by: anonymous_user - Feb 26, 2007

Date Visited: Feb 26, 2007

Wow, what a great resort. First of all since its only 30 min from seattle you and everyone else in the Puget Sound area can ride almost 24/7. Since they have one of the lowest elevations around they always get the biggest dumps, sometimes up to 2 feet of wonderful Cascade Concrete! I happened to go on a Saturday and it was awesome. I made so many friends in the lift lines (Who doesn't like comming to the mountain and socializing)! I was happy to see that the runs were so short and I was able get plenty of rest again in the lift line. Since I arrived I had gotten so much time resting on the lifts (I love the ones that don't detach, their way better since they slam into you when loading and then creep their way up the hill) I decided to stay and night ski...IT WAS AWESOME! the conditions got crazy fast as the beautiful corn snow began to freeze...Best of all I never paid for an Ice skating ticket...IT WAS COMPLIMETNARY! Be careful of the steep chutes at Summit West, its by far the best place to ride. They don't really have any tree skiing at Summit West but usually their are enough people littering the slopes to ski in and around. The worst part of the day was when my Jeans started to soak through. If your going to ride here I recommend Scotch Guard on your jeans. Stay away from other Washington resorts like Crystal, Stevens and Baker. Those places suck!