by: Danny - 28th January 2010

Runs, lifts, parking, snow, price
Snow, packed weekends

This is a decent-sized resort with a broad difficulty range. There are plenty of lifts and they can handle the weekend capacity (the longest lines were no more than 5 minutes of waiting). The parking for us was good enough to run by the truck for lunch and just far enough that we could make it without collapsing after a marathon day. I purchased the lift tickets for Friday and Saturday at the same time so I got their multi-day special which means that you get night skiing and rentals free for both days and you only have to pay the 8-hour rate for both days. ($30 Friday w/ student discount and $64 Saturday). $94 for two 10+ hour days of boarding sounded good to me. The snow was better at night when it gets colder and stops sticking together, but while it's warm you get what we call mashed potatoes that makes the the runs rough and rutted, they should really groom the runs between day and night sessions but they don't so bend your knees. Night slopes are well lit. Expect big crowds if you are going on the weekend and watch out for fog in the afternoon and evening especially at the top of the mountain. I should also note that my friends got to ride all day both days and they only bought 4hour half day passes, they just don't check tickets i guess.