by: Rich - 28th November 2006

Nice Village, Great Terrain Parks
Lots of people waiting in line for the terrain parks

Last trip to Stratton was March of 2006. Went with 2 buddies of mine, one has been riding for 10+ years and the other for about 8+ years. There was enough to keep us busy the whole time from open to close and even after. Trails are nice and long (and wide for the most part) with a variety of terrain. There is definitely something for everyone here as there are 3 or 4 parks and 2 pipes. We took lots of runs through the park but still did not get tired of it in the 3 days we were there. The best part about it was that everyone who wanted to enter the parks had to sit through a short video course on mountain and park safety. The lines moved quickly, but try to not get in the gondola with more than 7 or 8 people or its a really tight fit (even though it says it seats 12 I think). Overall atmosphere was great. The village was nice with a bunch of different shops, although it could get somewhat expensive. Once you are there, you do not need a car as you can park at your hotel and walk through the village and to the slopes. You might want to make a trip to 7-11 at the base of the mountain before you head to the hotel to get some snacks for the late night hunger because there isn't anything open in the middle of the night in the village. People were friendly and I planning my trip back now. Only downfall was that I went there with a voucher for a $10 lift ticket (because I am a season pass holder at Mountain Creek, I was entitled to it) and when we got there, were told we could not use it.