by: sdukett - 20th February 2008

Okemo is a great intermediate mountain. Boring if you are more of an expert and want variety and dangerous if you are a beginner on a busy weekend. I was there with my son (newer snowboarder) on Sunday, Feb. 17. It was scary. They are way over selling tickets. On Mountain Road, the only top to bottom beginner trail, but also the trail used to navigate from one part of the mountain to the next, there were so many people that you could not deviate from your track to the left or right. At one point we had to cross it while on a blue square trail and my son had to wait about 10 minutes for a break in people just to get by. The lift at the base was so crowded we walked up to a higher lift on the side to save ourselves what looked like an hour wait. Don't EVER go there on a holiday weekend or a Saturday. I have been there other times on Saturdays and it is bad then too. It is a great, nicely groomed mountain on weekdays when you can move around, although a bit dull if you are a more advanced skier.