by: anonymous_user - 13th March 2008

My skis were tuned poorly the first day there and I had to stick to green and easy blues for the day until I could get back and dull my tips. So, it really made me more in tune with beginners. If you are a beginner, be carefeul because the ttrail system is terrible. they are so poorly marked. I made many a turn and not knew where I was because the trails were not marked properly if at all. Once, I picked a trail because it looked gentle but did not know where I was. I looked back, and saw that you could see you were on sky larke but not until you were at a point of no return and you had to look backwards to see where you were at if you just got off the lift. It was ok if you were coming off another connecting trail. I ended up on dreamweaver which is a black diamond without knowing it until again, too late, and had to side slip the whole way down. I left after a few hours. Later at Pico, ran into another family on the quad who had the same exact complaint. I could see being worried if I was there with my family and kids and my kids were just starting. Trails themselves were icepans even on the greens. Great northern had one spot where people kept falling over each other as they got on the trail because it was complete ice and you couldn't even dig your pole in to help yourself up. It was 34 and Sunny for three days after an ice storm on Saturday. Conditions should have been better. they close at four, so you would think they have enough time to groom the trouble spots. Pico or Okemo all the way. Only good part of Killington is no lift lines (but, it was mid week).