Killington Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Feb 21, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 21, 2008

Iv been riding at Killington for about 8 years now and I have always loved it, when i heard all the news about the new company "Powder," I wasnet really to happy about it, taking away lifetime passes,and shuting down the lodges during the week, not cool. But mostly having the honor roll ski/ride program be pushed to a HIGH honor program is just rediculious!!! Its tough enough to make honor roll as a high school student, but having to make HIGH honors is even harder, us high schoolers can't afford to come and buy a ticket for 76.00 and the honor pass is the only way we can get there! When I was up at the mountain on Tuesday IV NEVER had such a bumpy ride at Killington as I did that day! Almost every trail I rode on had rolls, granted some every once and a while are fun, but not when they go on for a mile straight and not when there are so many that you turn and you catch you're edges on them cause there are so many and they are so built up!! The trails feel like they haven't been groomed all season! And its good that you can attract all the tourists to come and ski at you're resort, but it sucks that the local people can't even afford to come and enjoy there own mountain becasue it cost an arm and a leg to ski or ride. What's next are you going to charge people to park there too?