Burke Mountain Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 2, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 2, 2008

I loved Burke like crazy from the third day of snowboarding in my life for the killer trails and the beautiful mountain veiw itself. The first time I went down a slope(a flat bunny hill named Carter County)I could'nt stop falling. I did not know what to do because knobody taught me how to turn but in the middle of my third day my dad gave up trying to teach me how to turn left and right because he skiied and knew nothing of snowboarding so he finaly got me a lesson. My dad told my instructer not to take me on regular greens and just to take me on the bunny hill.So me and my instructer taught me how to turn left and right as well as breaking before he said I was realy ready for the reagular greens and since he was a snowboard expert I trusted him. It went uphill for the rest of the vacation and I had a blast on the normal greens for the last day and a half. The next year I got back on and tried some great blues such as Deer run a great woods trail for a first blue square trail but it did have some flat places. I also tried The Big Dipper wich was a beautiful and wicked blue trail wich was one big hill. I did open slope a blue terain park with 4 obsticles but ovoided the obsicles. I did mountain marsh wich was a steap blue sodont fall down cause its harder to get up thenfall on it. Anywase the food selection was great and not half bad eather. The rentail people,instructers and other workers there were super freindly.My last comment to say is that I LoVE BURKE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!