Simply The Best Day Hill Ever

by: gma1970 - Apr 15, 2009

Pros: History, Atmosphere, Terrain For Its Size, PBR On Tap

Cons: If You Can't Enjoy Yourself Here, Please Consider Ice Fishing

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

Thanks Fred!! You found the perfect ski hill for so many January days in Vermont. In fact, I've been out on quite a few days when, if it weren't for the fact that Bromley was spinning lifts, I wouldn't be skiing in Vermont. I'm not really a fair weather skier but, I have to tell you that it is nothing short of delicious to look over at Stratton and think, "man, I envy nobody over there," on a particularly nasty day. If I happened to have 2 or 3 kids and was unencumbered by the daily grind, I'd have to put Bromley up against Smuggs as a potential home base. Only reason to pick Smuggs is for far sicker turns for Daddy. With 1300' and not so broad shoulders, Bromley isn't going to have you reaching for your heart meds while planning your next 10 turns. That being said, skiers of any ability won't be disappointed here. Try something like Sunder, staying left and getting into Avalanche Glade or, perhaps, staying far skier's right on either Stargazer or Havoc for some pretty interesting turns. Anyone not requiring air between boots and snow will be thrilled here. Walk into the lodge, rub your hands near the massive stone hearth, see the smiles on faces from ages 4-84, have a PBR upstairs in honor of Fred Pabst (they really have a pretty good beer selection) and know that enjoying the winter at places like this with each other is a huge part of why we click in in the first place.